You may have seen RuneSlayer's coverage of RuneFest two years ago, but if you missed it, we're running a program we call RuneFestLive. Our goal is to have the most coverage of RuneFest possible. Last year we covered a majority of all the sessions, and a jmod interview or two, and had several hundred still photos. We tweeted so much that we hit Twitter's hourly tweet limits, and had to switch accounts halfway through RuneFest!
However, that wasn't good enough for us. There were a few sessions we didn't get to cover, and JMod interviews were few and far between. We know we can do better, however, we need your help.
For those of you headed to RuneFest, we need help with the following:
- Streaming the insider sessions - We have a uStream Account all set up, and can add people to it for the event.
- Live tweeting the event - Either through our account (@RuneFestLive) or through yours (using the hash tags #RuneFest or #RuneFestLive)
- Posting photos - We have an iCloud stream anyone can post to [ask for an invite], as well as a stream for twitter pictures (any pics posted or retweeted by @runefestlive)
- JMod Interviews - We'd set you up with your own channel on our ustream, as long as you have a device capable of livestreaming
- Generally, recording your experience around RuneFest
For those of you not headed to RuneFest, we'll need help from you all as well. While we're monitoring the actual event, we need people at home to help process the information and get it out to the RuneScape Community as fast as possible. Last year, we had two people helping throughout RuneFest just for this.
- Watching the live streams and tweeting out information.
- Monitoring sites like Youtube and Twitch for others also streaming and help us integrate those feeds into our site.
- Getting the RuneScape Community at large involved - Last time there were a few interactive sessions where we asked questions from IRC and twitter, we'd need someone to filter the best questions directly to us while we're recording.
If you think you have what it takes to help out, please message me, and we'll get you set up. Deadline for those at home to be added is October 30th. Those attending RuneFest will be set up at The Night Before party, so if you're interested, make sure you're there!