• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Monk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm not sure if this has been considered yet, but I think that a forum chat box has many benefits. It means that the community can talk to each other in a quick way, and I reckon this will create even more of a "community spirit". You may say that we can do this via a thread, but that creats more spam and takes a lot longer.

They're normally very easy to install, and most forum host websites have them built in.

What are your views on this?

#2 anthony

anthony

Founder

• Network Administrator
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

We did have one a while back, I can't remember the reason we got rid of it though. We can certainly look into adding one again though.
brainiac744.png
brainiac744.pngbrainiac744.png

#3 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

It certainly would be easy to put on here, we've had one on other another forum in our network before, however, I don't think our forums are active enough.

It would be used for a little while, they would die of inactivity. And it'd be a target for spam bots.

We've tried irc before, and that wasn't very popular either.

However, we are open to feedback, and if others in the community feel this would be helpful, let us know and we'll consider it! :)

Posted Image

#4 stats

stats

Yeti

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Omg i loved that chat please re-add. Even though it was really only the admins that would talk with me :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users