• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#1 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's time for another skilling competition!

This time, there will be two competitions for both the main-game and the Old School game!

The competition will run from April 1 - 28. It will start and end at midnight GMT. The competition weeks will run Monday to Sunday. Only one skill is tracked each week, which will be randomly chosen at the start of each week (Saturday night, midnight GMT). This gives you 24-hours to prepare. At the end of the week, the users with the most experience gain on the main-game & old school servers in the week's skill are determined the winners for the week. The skills chosen will be the same for both the main and old school server trackings.

We will also track overall XP for the main-game and old school servers from April 1 - 30. At the end of the month, the users with the most experience gain on the main-game & old school servers in the week's skill are determined the overall winners for the month.

Watch your main game progress here: http://www.runeslayer.com/competition
Watch your RS07 progress here: http://www.runeslaye...m/oscompetition

Skills
  • Construction
  • Mining
  • Farming
  • Hunter
Rules
  • Participants' accounts must have membership status on RuneScape in order for experience to be tracked.
  • Once the competition starts, participants must not change their display names* or they will be disqualified.
  • It is the responsibility of the participant to contact a RuneSlayer admin if they change their display name prior to the start of the competition.
  • Users can only win the weekly competitions once, but are still eligible for the overall XP reward at the end of the month.
  • Users may sign up at anytime, but experience will only be tracked starting when the user signs up, or April 1; whichever date comes last.
  • If a user's skill(s) do not appear in the high scores, no XP gains will be tracked until they first appear.
  • We will only host the old-school and/or main-game competitions if 10 or more players sign up for the respective competitions.
* Change of a display name is allowed at Administrator discretion.

Prizes
Each week, the users with the most experience gains for the week's selected skill for both the main-game and old school servers will win a month of membership.
The users with the most XP gains for both the main-game and old school servers will also each win a month of membership.

Jagex is also providing Concept Art prizes for the winners!

Signing Up
In this thread, post your display name & which competition you will be signing up for (main-game, old school, or both).

Good luck!

Edit Below by Schmidty102:
Just to clarify:
The first week will be April 1-7th and will have a random skill chosen to compete in. The winner of this week will win a 1 month membership card.*

The second week will be April 8th-14th and will have a random skill chosen to compete in. The winner of this week will win a 1 month membership card.*

The third week will be April 15th-21st and will have a random skill chosen to compete in. The winner of this week will win a 1 month membership card.*

The fourth week will be April 22nd-28th and will have a random skill chosen to compete in. The winner of this week will win a 1 month membership card.*

We will then track OVERALL XP GAINS for ALL SKILLS from April 1st through April 28th. The winner of overall XP will win a 1 month membership card.*

We will track ALL XP GAINS for the SELECTED SKILLS IN THE 4 WEEKS from April 1st through April 28th. The winner will win a 1 month membership card.*

We are giving away 6 months of membership in this competition. It is completely fair and generous of us. We are trying to make this as broad as we can so everyone can be included. This is why we have allowed a monthly winner... in case someone can not participate in a certain week or two (life does happen...).

Rules for prizes:
*You can win a maximum of 2 membership cards in this competition to keep it fair for everyone. Only one of the cards can be won from a weekly competition, and only one card can be won from the monthly competitions.

Edited by Boomer-One, 23 April 2013 - 03:27 AM.
Added week 3 skill

#2 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Main-Game Participants
Lordofd70
Qb1
DailyXP
Forest Ben
Insight
Fattylicious
*Dragonsq
Ellimbor
McSwindler
ZombieMonkey
AusScape2013
cyprusgirl
broomee9
*Fraxtyl
JanuaryFury
New Ending
McCaine
Nuno Tinoco
Mac Drae
alokt
xp til i die
*mephilles123
grown incali
Fruitdoosje
Tubbyy
Corzati
Darkrai7975
PURPLE CRAB
Escapes3
Dom
200m Dg Exp
Jamandy52
Supermancav
s0viet union
Zackverisher
fisher rune4
zombiehydro
fearsouvenir
Miss gecko
fcbrugge fan
Lord Bowzer
St Squiggy
Eaving

Old School Participants
x kevv x
Nathan Golf
*2007 OMG
Nuno Tinoco
Mr 676
Meetmyarrow
Dracias
Graahk
Dom
kilspeed111
Esme FTW
r007scape
New Ending
dragonsq
Eetsk

* These names are not on the hiscores table, and aren't being tracked - if there is a typo let me know

Posted Image

#3 Desilord10

Desilord10

Goblin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sign me up :D. Lordofd70 and main game. 

#4 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Added :)

Posted Image

#5 King Uther

King Uther

1st Place

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

#6 qb1

qb1

Abyssal Demon

• Retired Staff
  • 822 posts
  • RuneScape:Qb1
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Sign me up for the main game :P

qb1.png

qb1.png

#7 x kevv x

x kevv x

Old School RuneScape Content Manager

• Retired Staff
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

x kevv x - oldschool please :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Schmidty102

Schmidty102

Founder

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Please remember that we will only host the old-school and/or main-game competitions if 10 or more players sign up for the respective competitions. You may try to spread the word on the competition so that we can run them.

Schmidty102.png
Schmidty102.png ribbon.png

#9 Fatty

Fatty

White Knight

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Are there any skills that will be kept out of the skilling comp? Some players like myself have an usually large stack of torstols and cash and would hold an unfair advantage over those that can't afford to pay for skills.

Just wondering if it would be kept to non buyables?

Fattylicious.png

#10 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

We're keeping this open to all skills that are available to the Old School. So no dungeoneering or summoning. All other skills are open to chance.

It could easily be said that non-buyable skills are unfair to choose as well since XP rates are higher at higher levels. Higher levels will of course have better advantages, but it is still possible for low-levels to win of course.

Posted Image

#11 Schmidty102

Schmidty102

Founder

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Are there any skills that will be kept out of the skilling comp? Some players like myself have an usually large stack of torstols and cash and would hold an unfair advantage over those that can't afford to pay for skills.
Just wondering if it would be kept to non buyables?

Are you wanting to sign up for the competition?

Schmidty102.png
Schmidty102.png ribbon.png

#12 DailyXP

DailyXP

Thief

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RuneScape:DailyXP
  • LocationBehind Your...

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Sign me up!!! RSN: DailyXP   Main Game.

Dailyxp.png

wwwarbibots.gif

#13 Fatty

Fatty

White Knight

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah I'll sign up, but if you pick RC out of the hat, I may just have to kill you! :angry:

Signing up for main game. User is Fattylicious!

Fattylicious.png

#14 x kevv x

x kevv x

Old School RuneScape Content Manager

• Retired Staff
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

@ boomer, hunter is available in oldschool. And you should still host an old school competition even if I'm the only signee.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Wait, I thought there were 3 skills not available in OSRS... I know construction & farming are... Am I just wrong? :s

EDIT: Looked it up... Boomer is just wrong :|

Posted Image

#16 Forest Ben

Forest Ben

Goblin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Looks like another thing I'll have to do on April 1st!

Forest Ben will sign up for the EoC edition of the competition, and likely lose.

#17 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Added :)

Posted Image

#18 Christina Constantinou

Christina Constantinou

Goblin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

cyprusgirl :) and main server please ;p

#19 Fatty

Fatty

White Knight

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

*prods boomer* you still need to add me :o I said yes before Forest Ben  :(

Fattylicious.png

#20 Boomer-One

Boomer-One

Killer Gentoo Penguin

• Retired Staff
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I added you earlier ;) I'll add others later tonight when I get home!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)