Photo

Pre-Eoc Servers and your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Pre-EoC VS. EoC (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version do you prefer?

1. Pre-Evolution of Combat (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. Evolution of Combat (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 x kevv x

x kevv x

Old School RuneScape Content Manager

• Retired Staff
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

So I wanted to see your opinions and thoughts about the petition that is going around. Jagex is supposedly making 2013 our year and hearing out our ideas. Mark even publicly stated that EoC was rushed. Later this month they are going to make a livestream on the topic at hand weather they should make a few Pre-EoC worlds like RS Classic. Please feel free to share your opinions and thoughts.

My thoughts are EoC still has its downs because it indeed was rushed, Although I enjoy a few aspects of it. Seeing as I grew up on Pre-EoC I prefer the old combat system most. I could play the old combat system with little to no flaws. I also know pking died because of EoC, I may not have been much of a pker, but the game needs a pk community and jagex should have realized what EoC would have done to the community base.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Frau Koujiro

Frau Koujiro

Ice Giant

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

I think that the evolved combat was an attempt to give more flexibility for the future. Every update to the game takes us down another world line; every update changes the game. I believe that one of the main points about RuneScape is that it is often updated and forever changing. Even if I do not like every update which is released, the game should keep changing. If we demand microtransaction free servers, no free trade servers, old combat servers and so on then there would be no end. Evolution of combat may still be flawed, but moreso is this server plan. One should work on fixing the new combat instead.

Gluttony.png
Gluttony.png

#3 Sadisticist

Sadisticist

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I personally like the Pre-EoC Runescape over the current EoC. I suppose it's just me not really liking the new combat system, so if there are special pre-EoC servers I would rather play on those.

Posted Image
"All you white people who voted for me, you are all now honorary black people."
- Luther, Obama's Anger Translator

#4 x kevv x

x kevv x

Old School RuneScape Content Manager

• Retired Staff
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I should have added a third poll that says "Give people the option to play both" Because why limit others from being able to have their choice, when you only like one version? The main reason why some polls are flawed, is because people don't think in hidden idea. When you vote for an answer, you may be limiting others ability to chose what they want.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users